A Place for Mom Scholarship provide scholarships to students interested in gerontology and aging. As the largest North American senior living referral service, we recognize that it is crucial to help in the education and training of future leaders of senior care.
Every every year, A Place for Mom provides a video contest for a scholarship of the Senior Care Scholarship, which is available only for U.S. and Canadian students. This article will discuss how applicants can be considered for the a Place for Mom Scholarship.
Every family has its own unique story. Understanding the story is essential in determining the ideal living arrangements for your loved ones. We have linked families to actual Local senior living advisors.
Our Senior Living Advisors of 400 throughout both the U.S. and Canada guide you through the process of helping your loved one transition to retirement. A Senior Living Advisor will listen to the specific needs of your family and helps you find the best sources and options for senior care.
Suppose your family requires support at 3 miles or three hundred kilometers from home. In that case, the Advisor will be ready to guide you through the entire process, from beginning discussions with your dear one to finding the best senior living plan.
About a Place for Mom Scholarship
We at A Place for Mom are pleased to offer a scholarship to undergraduate students interested in aging and gerontology. As North America’s biggest senior living referral agency, we understand that it is crucial to help educate and train our future senior care professionals.
The scholarship will be given to any citizen, or Permanent resident in Canada or the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) currently enrolled and taking classes in an accredited university or college within either the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec).
Awards Value: Each one of those who is victorious will be awarded up to $2,000.
The level and the area of Study: Undergraduate and graduate degree in nursing, medical or social sciences-related area of study.
Location of study: The student should pursue studies within Canada, the U.S.A, or Canada.
Qualifications Criteria a Place for Mom Scholarship
For eligibility, students must fulfill all the requirements in the following order:
- All applicants must study at the graduate or undergraduate levels in the relevant fields listed above. Applicants must be enrolled in classes at an accredited university or college by the deadline in spring.
- Employers employed by A Place for Mom and members of their immediate families (spouse or parent or sibling, as well as their spouses no matter where they live) and members of one household, regardless of whether or not related to these employees, aren’t qualified to apply.
- Candidates must submit a written letter of introduction and an online video about the chosen subject and then accept the Scholarship Award Agreement.
- The scholarships will be given to up to 5 students that have written the most persuasive essay, according to an outside panel comprised of senior living experts.
Required Submission a Place for Mom Scholarship
Students submit one essay or video essay with the following question: What are the most important life lessons that you have learned from a grandparent or other senior in your life? How will you use the lessons learned from them in your future career in working with seniors?
Below are a place for mom senior wisdom scholarship essay requirement:
- 400 to 700 words emailed to [email protected]; emails should include the student’s name in the subject line.
Video requirements for a Place for Mom Scholarship:
- The Video should consist of an interview with an older person or the Applicant’s telling a story of life lessons learned from a more senior person that was crucial to the Applicant’s personal life.
- The Video should be at minimum two minutes long, but not more than three minutes.
- The Video must be of high production quality (images, audio, etc. ). The Video does not need to be polished, but it needs to be constructed appropriately.
- The Video may contain others. However, the Applicant must obtain consent from each person who appears in or is mentioned within the Video to utilize their voice, name, and image. If they do not want to grant permission, do not include the image in the Video. If asked, applicants must provide an A Place for Mom with such consent on a form that is acceptable by The Place for Mom.
- The Video may not be:
- The material violates the rights of others, including but not only privacy rights, publicity, and intellectual property rights, or is a copyright violation.
- Brand names and trademarks are featured.
- They contained artwork that the Applicant did not create.
- Use copyrighted music in violation of authorization or license for use in this application.
Large video files (20MB or more significant) should be uploaded to Vimeo or YouTube and the link included in an email to [email protected]. Be aware that the system we utilize for email does not accept .zip files.
Deadline: The last day to apply for a Mom’s Scholarship is May 1
Contact Info: [email protected]