As we’ve seen in the last years, cybersecurity is a serious business. Cyber attacks could destroy banks, movie studios, and universities, resulting in data loss and identity theft. Cybercriminals can cause damage to infrastructure and cause taxpayers billions in damages.
This is why hiring well-educated, skilled cybersecurity experts are crucial. That’s why scholarships for cyber security undergraduate is important in modern institution
Cyber security, also known as information security, is rapidly becoming a popular subject for many students. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, this is not surprising since cybersecurity jobs are growing “much higher than the national normal,” with a median pay is more than $100,000 per year.
If you’re interested in technology and are interested in solving problems, cybersecurity might be the perfect career choice. Read on to find out more about scholarships for cyber security undergraduate to fund your education!
Top 10 Scholarships For Cyber Security Undergraduate
1. Microsoft Cybersecurity Scholarship Program
The Microsoft Cybersecurity Scholarship Program is a scholarships for cyber security undergraduate, which supports community colleges and industry certifications through immediate financial aid (up to $500) as well as a grant for the cost of cybersecurity certification exams (up to $375).).
- Eligibility: Students with financial need enrolled at 2-year institutions studying cybersecurity
- Amount: $375 to $500
- Deadline: Rolling
2. KnowBe4 Scholarship for Black Americans in Cybersecurity
In their effort to improve diversity in cybersecurity, they provide a per-year $10,000 scholarship and an (ISC)2 certification program that is open to all American of Black origin who is seeking the degree of cybersecurity.
- Eligibility: African American or Black undergraduate or graduate students pursuing degrees in cybersecurity or a related field
- Amount: Up to $10,000
- Deadline: April 18, 2022 (Opens: February 1, 2022)
3. Association of Former Intelligence Officers Scholarships
The Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO) is a scholarships for cyber security undergraduate, which offers graduate and undergraduate students scholarship opportunities. Students can apply for only one scholarship or be eligible for multiple scholarships. Criteria for evaluation include merit of character, academic commitment, and the relevance of applicants’ research to national security and professional goals.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate and graduate students majoring in National Security, International Relations and/or Intelligence
- Amount: $1,000 to $3,500
- Deadline: June 1, 2022
4. SWSIS Scholarships
SWSIS is a joint venture between Applied Computer Security Associates (ACSA) and CRA-WP. The long-term objective of SWSIS is to increase the proportion of women working in information security. ACSA created its SWSIS Scholarship program back in 2011 and joined forces with CRAWP in 2014 to oversee its selection criteria. Since the beginning of fall 2019, SWSIS grants have been granted to over 90 women studying information security.
- Eligibility: Women pursuing bachelors and masters degrees in fields relating to information security
- Amount: Up to $10,000
ALSO READ: Top Business Undergraduate Scholarships 2022| APPLY NOW!!!
5. (ISC)2 RVA Chapter Scholarship
- Eligibility: High school juniors, seniors, or current undergraduate students who reside in the Richmond, Virginia Metro area.
- Amount: $1,000
6. (ISC)2 Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship
This scholarship is a scholarships for cyber security undergraduate, which will encourage women to get involved in this ever-growing area of Information Security.
- Eligibility: High school seniors, college undergraduate, or graduate students who are intending to pursue a degree in cybersecurity or information assurance.
- Amount: $1,000 to $6,000
7. Palantir Women in Technology
They want to inspire women to take up engineering, computer science, and technical studies and become leaders in these fields.
- Eligibility: College freshman, sophomore, or juniors who are majoring/plan to major in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Amount: $7,000 (10 scholarships awarded)
8. SAIC Cyber Warrior Scholarship
The SAIC CyberWarrior Scholarship is a scholarships for cyber security undergraduate, which is designed to assist returning military veterans reintegrating into civilian employment by offering cybersecurity certification scholarships.
- Eligibility: Students must be honorably discharged from one of the five U.S. military branches by April 14, 2021. This scholarship supports students who are pursuing cybersecurity certification training.
- Amount: Varies
9. Raytheon Intelligence & Space Women’s Cyber Security Scholarship
The Raytheon Intelligence & Space Women’s Cyber Security Scholarship is a scholarships for cyber security undergraduate, which is the most recent of the company’s initiatives focused on fostering the world’s cyber-savvy.
- Eligibility: High school seniors, undergraduate or graduate students with at least a 3.3 GPA or higher who are pursuing a cybersecurity or information security degree
- Amount: $10,000
- Opens: April 1, 2022
10. University of Maine US 2022 (ISC)² Undergraduate Scholarships
Information security professionals who are aspiring can take advantage of easing the costs by taking advantage of the (ISC)2 Information Security Undergraduate Scholarship, offering undergraduate students who are studying security information up to US$5,000 per winner.
Interview date, Process and Venue for University of Maine Bachelors
- One recommendation letter from an academic referee that explains the length of time they have had contact with the applicant, as well as the abilities of the applicant, and any other pertinent details
- Unofficial transcripts from their current or current institutions of education
- Personal statement of not more than two pages, describing why they are different from other students to justify why they deserve the scholarship, including their educational and personal information, objectives, hobbies, and other extracurricular activities.
This scholarship offers from $1,000 – $5,000.
Application Deadline: May 7, 2022